Jack E. Jensen, M.D., F.A.C.S.M. Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
After performing as a collegiate athlete, Dr. Jensen attended medical school at Kansas University. Dr. Jensen completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Texas, and then went on to receive further training with some of the leading pioneers in the field at the University of Oregon, where he completed a fellowship in sports medicine. Dr. Jensen, who has been distinguished with the title Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine, has worked his sports medicine wares at the Goodwill Games, the World Championships of Gymnastics, the U.S. Olympic Training Center, and the Olympic Games.
Dr. Jensen has also served as orthopedic consultant to the United States Gymnastic Federation, team physician to Karolyi’s Gymnastics, the USA Swimming Foundation, the Association of Tennis Professionals, and orthopedic physician to numerous Olympic and professional athletes. Dr. Jensen has worked with the Houston Rockets, the Houston Astros, The Houston Oilers, the Houston Texans, Cirque du Soleil, Houston Wranglers Tennis, The US Clay Court Tournament, The Masters Cup, and has served as Team Physician for the Missouri Tigers.
Dr. Jensen is a member of the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine, a member of the U.S. Olympic Sports Medicine Society, a Fellow of the American Academy of Sports Physicians.
More about Dr. Jensen:
A former associate editor of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, he has co-authored numerous scientific articles in peer-reviews publications, a book for athletes and gymnasts, A Healthy 10!, and a book all about knees, The One Stop Knee Shop.
Has been the team doctor/ consultant for the following schools: Episcopal, St. Francis, Memorial, Stratford, St. Thomas, Nimitz, Houston Christian, Aldine, Presbyterian Schools.
- Doctor for Houston Rodeo and Houston Marathon
- Dr. Jensen has also served as orthopedic consultant to the United States Gymnastic Federation, team physician to the Olympic and Elite Gymnasts, the USA Swimming Foundation, the Association of Tennis Professionals, and orthopedic physician to numerous Olympic and professional athletes
- Golf Titleist Certified
CURRENT HOSPITAL / OUTPATIENT SURGERY PRIVILEGES AFFILIATIONS
- Memorial Hermann, Memorial City Hospital, Houston, Texas
- Houston Surgery Center, Houston, Texas
- West Houston Medical Center, Department of Surgery/Orthopedics, Houston, Texas
- Athletic Orthopedic and Knee Center—founder and director
- Fellow, American College of Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy Sports Physicians U.S.
- USA Basketball, Final Four Physician
- Orthopedic Consultant—United States Gymnastics Federation
- Team physician Goodwill Games—USA Olympic committee
- Gymnastics World Championships—Indianapolis/Seattle
- Medical Director, Davis Cup Tennis
- Medical Director, Masters Tennis Championship
- Team physician –Houston Rodeo
- Physician—Houston Marathon
- USA Swimming Sports Medicine and Science Network USA consultant
- USA Gymnastics Referral Physician
- Team physician/consultant for Memorial High School, Stratford High School, Episcopal High School, St Francis Schools, St. Thomas High School, Houston Christian High School, Aldine School district and Presbyterian Schools.
- U.S. Clay Courts Championships Medical Director/Head Team Physician
- Team Physician, University of Missouri, Columbia Missouri
- President Texas Ambulatory Surgery Center Society
- Team Physician Houston Wranglers—Professional Tennis
- Clinical instructor, Baylor College of Medicine
- Clinical instructor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Texas Medical School
- Associate Editor, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, the American College of Sports Medicine Journal
- Clinical Board Member, American college of Sports Medicine, Texas chapter
- Medical Director, Sports Medicine and Performance Institute, HCA Medical Center
- Doctor for Cirque Du Soleil
To know more about Dr. Jensen. please click here. Download CV