Welcome to AOKC’s Physical Therapy Department
The Athletic Orthopedics & Knee Center Physical Therapy department is a state-of-the art facility that has been successfully rehabilitating injured persons from Houston and all across the country for over 25 years.
At AOKC, we believe in teamwork. Our experienced team of Physical Therapists and Rehabilitation Specialists work together with you to help you to reach peak performance after suffering any type of injury or condition. AOKC Physical Therapy is unique in that your doctor personally consults with your Physical Therapist and with you to custom-tailor the best possible course of treatment for your particular case, ensuring that each patient receives the highest level of quality care available.
At AOKC, our goal is to enable you to become stronger, faster, and more balanced than you were even before you were injured. Our facility features advanced equipment such as:
- Biodex KT 1000 Computerized Strength Testing for the knee, ankle, hip, shoulder, elbow, forearm, and wrist
- Circuit Weight Training Equipment for abdominals, cable/pulley system, row/rear deltoid and total gym
- Kettlebells, theraband and free weights
- Cardiovascular equipment including recumbent cycles, UBE aerobic ergometer, treadmills, elliptical
- Mini Trampoline, Slide Board, Body Blade, Physioballs, Medicine Balls, Rocker Boards, BAPS
- Arthritis and Pain Management to include hot/cold therapy, electrical stimulation, ultrasound and mechanical traction
- Game ready unit which combines cold therapy with compression in a pneumatic device that aides in recovery
The specialized Physical Therapists at AOKC provide advanced sports rehabilitation for many types of injuries, including ACL Repair, Meniscus Repair/Menisectomy, Rotator Cuff Repair, Acromioplasty, Ligamentous Repairs, and other open and arthroscopic surgeries.
We work with a wide variety of athletes at every level in football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, gymnastics, weight lifting, soccer, tennis, cycling, running, swimming, martial arts, dancing, and many others. We are experts at enabling you to return to your sport at peak performance in a safe and expedient manner.